PhD Student – Cisco Systems/École Polytechnique – Computer Networking
Google Scholar •
I am a Software Engineer at Cisco Systems PIRL, working on future networking architectures.
I recently completed my PhD degree in Computer Networking, which I pursued jointly between École Polytechnique's networking team and Cisco Systems PIRL, under supervision of Thomas Clausen and Mark Townsley.
My research interests are mainly data-center networks, load-balancing, reliable multicast, IPv6-centric protocols and high-performance networking stacks.
Before starting my PhD, I obtained an MSc in Advanced Computing from Imperial College London in 2015, and a Diplôme d'Ingénieur from École Polytechnique in 2014.
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Juan-Antonio Cordero-Fuertes, Thomas Clausen, Reliable BIER with Peer Caching, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 2019 [pdf, doi]
- Marcel Enguehard, Yoann Desmouceaux, Giovanna Carofiglio, Efficient latency control in Fog deployments via hardware-accelerated popularity estimation, to appear in ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 2019 [pdf, doi]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Marcel Enguehard, Pierre Pfister, Victor Nguyen, Wenquin Shao, Éric Vyncke, A Content-aware Data-plane for Efficient and Scalable Video Delivery, Proc. IEEE/IFIP IM, April 2019, pp. 10-18 [pdf, doi, techrep]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Mark Townsley, Thomas Clausen, Zero-Loss Virtual Machine Migration with IPv6 Segment Routing, Proc. 1st SR+SFC Workshop at IEEE/IFIP CNSM, November 2018, pp. 420-425 [pdf, doi]
- Benoît Pit-Claudel, Yoann Desmouceaux, Pierre Pfister, Mark Townsley, Thomas Clausen, Stateless Load-Aware Load Balancing in P4, Proc. 1st P4EU Workshop at IEEE ICNP, September 2018, pp. 418-423 [pdf, doi]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Sonia Toubaline, Thomas Clausen, Flow-Aware Workload Migration in Data Centers, Springer Journal of Network and Systems Management, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1034-1057, October 2018 [pdf, doi]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Thomas Clausen, Juan-Antonio Cordero-Fuertes, Mark Townsley, Reliable Multicast with B.I.E.R., IEEE/KICS Journal of Communications and Networks, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 182-197, April 2018 [pdf, doi]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Pierre Pfister, Jérôme Tollet, Mark Townsley, Thomas Clausen, 6LB: Scalable and Application-Aware Load Balancing with Segment Routing, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 819-834, April 2018 [pdf, doi, code]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Pierre Pfister, Jérôme Tollet, Mark Townsley, Thomas Clausen, SRLB: The Power of Choices in Load Balancing with Segment Routing, Proc. IEEE ICDCS, June 2017, pp. 2011-2016 [pdf, doi]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Network-Layer Protocols for Data Center Scalability, PhD Thesis, École Polytechnique (Université Paris-Saclay), April 2019 [pdf, url, data]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, An Application-Aware TCP Stack, MSc Thesis, Imperial College London, September 2015 [pdf]
- Yoann Desmouceaux, Power consumption due to IPv6 multicast on WiFi devices, Internet Draft draft-desmouceaux-ipv6-mcast-wifi-power-usage-01, IETF, August 2014 [pdf, url]
- Contributions to VPP, a high-performance virtual router
- Contributions to P4-NetFPGA, a framework for programmable network devices
- Support for IPv6 in mTCP, a userland TCP stack
- INF586 Network Security, Teaching Assistant, École Polytechnique, 2019
- INF474X Cybersecurity, Teaching Assistant, École Polytechnique, 2016-2019
- VPP tutorial, fd.io bootstrap event, Telecom ParisTech, June 2016
11 rue Camille Desmoulins
92130 Issy les Moulineaux
Tel: +33 (0)1 58 04 53 14
Email: firstname [dot] surname [at] polytechnique [dot] edu